Jumonville is a Premier Christian Camp and Retreat Center located about 50 miles south of Pittsburgh in the beautiful mountains of Southwest Pennsylvania.
We are affiliated with the United Methodist Church and open to all denominations of faith-filled people.
To facilitate the spreading of the Good News of Jesus Christ by a mountaintop experience
Jumonville will be widely recognized to be, a premiere Christian camp and retreat center
Jumonville will provide experiences which shape and expand the Christian commitment of persons of all ages, empowering them to live the truth of the Gospel in their daily lives
Jumonville will be an exemplary ministry of Christian hospitality for renewal, enrichment, and leadership development for individuals and groups, both diverse and devout
- We declare our allegiance to Jesus the Christ, and honor the Bible as the basis for seeking and living the truth
- We understand the need for faithful living, and the need to share faith with others in the common journey of life
- We view leadership, creativity, innovation and courage as necessary components in the pursuit of excellence in our service to guests and colleagues
- We recognize the crucial juxtaposition of financial stewardship and fiscal responsibility
- We hold a reverence for the land and its resources as gifts from the Creator and will strive to be effective and wise stewards.
- We acknowledge the primacy of prayer, and our need to seek God before, during, and after the making of decisions
- We honor those who have committed to a lifetime of Christian service, whether in the ordained or general ministry
- We seek to empower all believers in discovering the joy of service, especially volunteer service, to the living Lord and His people
- We cherish our heritage in the United Methodist Church and honor its polity
We believe in the Holy Scriptures as originally given by God, divinely inspired, infallible, entirely trustworthy, and the supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct; the Triune God–Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, His substitutionary atonement for sin, His bodily resurrection, and His personal, visible return to earth to reign in righteousness and glory; the Person of the Holy Spirit and His work of conviction, regeneration, and sanctification, who indwells every believer, equipping them with gifts for service and witness; the necessity of the new birth, in salvation by faith in Jesus Christ alone, and the importance of a life fully committed to the will of God in Christ; and the church as the one universal body of Christ who is the Head, called to be God’s redeemed people.
Jumonville was created for community and exists to spread the Good News of Jesus Christ by a mountaintop experience. Over the course of 75 years of ministry, we have served thousands of campers, families, retreat guests and volunteers through our facilities, services and programs. We are so grateful to have the trust and loyalty of so many wonderful people of faith.